Monday, 8 August 2011

london rioting 2011 tottenham brixton enfield dalston walthamstow news riots looting did police lose control of the city 6th 7th and 8th august?


london rioting 2011 tottenham brixton enfield dalston walthamstow news riots looting did police lose control of the city?.

the police said that they had backed off originally as not to inflame the situation of mass riots when they started in tottenham, but after people started looting businesses like big supermarkets, the police might be trying to take back control now and using more force.

but last night sunday night the riots in the city of london england had spread to neighbouring areas like brixton, enfield, dalston and walthamstow, with mass break ins and looting.

some have said there has been a media blackout on just how bad the situation with these london riots as of from saturday 6th of august 2011 and sunday the 7th august, now with the weekend over will the riots of stopped after two nights?.

if you look at pictures from the london riots of 2011 you can see burnt out buses, shops burning and supermarkets and shopping malls, retail parks being broke into by the rioters/looters and also set on fire, a bit like a scene from london's burning.

these are some videos off of youtube that show the scale of the riots in london uk.

Tottenham Riots, London | 6th August 2011 | Sky News

London Looting and Riots coverage | BBC News | 8th August 2011 | Day 2

Police have condemned a wave of "copycat criminal activity" across London in a second night of looting and disorder following riots in Tottenham.

More than 100 people have been arrested as officers were attacked, police vehicles damaged and shops looted and damaged in parts of London.

Disorder spread to Enfield, Walthamstow and Waltham Forest in north London and to Brixton in the south of the city.

Some 35 officers have been injured over the two nights of rioting.

Three officers were hurt when a vehicle hit them as they tried to make an arrest in Waltham Forest, east London.

Clashes broke out in Enfield, north London, on Sunday evening where shop windows were smashed and a police car damaged.

The second night of rioting in London, was in the capital's boroughs from Brixton in the south to Enfield and Islington in the north and Walthamstow to the east.

also been said that a lot of the london riots of 2011 6th to the 7th of august was caused by social media websites like twitter and facebook.

this is some information up on wikipedia about the riots!.


A series of disturbances by people in Tottenham followed the protest march on 6 August. Attacks were carried out on police cars, a double-decker bus and local businesses and homes from around 22:30. Police vans and officers from the Territorial Support Group attended the scene of disorder on Tottenham High Road. Stores were looted by rioters after windows were smashed.[17]

A number of people were left homeless.[18] Fireworks, petrol bombs and other missiles were also thrown at police.[4] Twenty-six officers were injured, including one who sustained head injuries. Firefighters were initially unable to reach a burning building due to the disorder.
A BBC News correspondent said his news crew and satellite vehicle came under attack from youths throwing missiles.[19]

Some news crews left the scene due to the threat of violence. A Mail on Sunday photographer was beaten and mugged. The police had set up a cordon around Tottenham police station and a nearby group of BBC and Sky journalists. Some of the police were mounted on horseback.[11]

The violent clashes were followed by the looting of Tottenham Hale retail park, which continued until dawn without intervention by the police.[3]

Wood Green

There was further disorder in neighbouring Wood Green, two miles away, during the early hours of 7 August, when widespread looting broke out[20] in which around 100 youths targeted high-street game shops, electrical stores and clothing chains.[21] Others ransacked local shops on Wood Green High Road.[22]

Again, the police did not intervene to stop the looting.[3]

The mostly Turkish and Kurdish shop owners along Wood Green, Turnpike Lane and Green Lanes, were said to have formed local 'protection units' around their shops.[22]


On Sunday evening, 7 August, violent disturbances erupted in Enfield, to the North of Tottenham, among heavy presence of riot police.[23]

Enfield Town centre, Enfield Town Park and alleyways between there and the Palace Garden shopping centre were being guarded by police. A heavy police presence was seen outside Enfield Town railway station where people arriving were being searched for security reasons.[24]

Riot police had arrived in Enfield Town by the afternoon of 7 August as several small groups of hooded youngsters arrived in cars, buses and trains. Around 100 people were waiting in small groups in the vicinity of Enfield Town station in Southbury Road.[5]
Some disorder sparked from around 17:30; a police car in Church Street was pelted with bricks.[25] HMV's branch in Church Street was amongst the other shops that were reportedly attacked. [26] A police helicopter hovered over the area to monitor events.[5]

At around 19:00 police tackled a group of around thirty youths to push them back onto Southbury Road towards the junction with Great Cambridge Road. Police dogs were also deployed at the scene.[27] Similar action drove back approximately fifty people along Southbury Road via Queens Street, after a preceding clash with hooligans outside a nearby supermarket.[28]

The scenes of Enfield were 'reminiscent of Tottenham, though smaller.'[23]"

how this all escalated after the shooting of mark duggan is unknown


mark duggan pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts